Salsa Vale Todo presents..
The Return of Salsamatics!!
Episode 1: Salsa Apretada (Salsa in closed position)
October 3rd, 10th, 17th and 31st of 2013
8:30-9:30pm at Urban Motion Dance Studio.
$48 for all 4 classes in the series, $15 - drop-in
Register by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or sign-up here: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ws.asp?studioid=16921&sclassid=290&sDate=10%2F3%2F2013&sLoc=1&sTG=24&sType=1
We often find ourselves as Casino (Cuban) style dancers, dancing to complex fast Timba Salsa in small crowded clubs. Usually the best music and dancers are found in the most crowded of clubs. At times, the music calls for a break from open and larger movements. Still wanting to dance and express ourselves we have developed a workshop series that focuses on the closed position in Cuban (Casino) Style Salsa. Our techniques are drawn from a variety of sources including Danzon, Son, Casino, Salsa Linea, Tango, and Tai Chi. Our workshop starts with the basics adapted to crowded intimate dance floors, and covers traveling, rhythm changes, posture, connection, communication, turnillos, adapting complex moves to club situations, Paseas, Habaneras, and Suelta Cerca. Learn to lead and follow anything in a relaxed friendly environment without all that yanking, pushing and pulling to communicate with each other.
4-week progressive workshop series
October Thursdays at Urban Motion and Arts: 366 Grand Ave. in Oakland
Every class is followed by a relaxed, friendly social playing the best Timba, Salsa, y Timbaton
October 3rd - Pasos Básicos y Más
* posture/connection/communication, postura/entregarme/espejo
* pa'l medio, caminamos, son montuo, abajo, exhibe, DQN, DQN con ganchos, girar, pequeña adiós, coca-cola con mano, dile que si, DQN con giro, 7, 7 con coca-cola
October 10th - Footwork in Salsa Cerca, Habaneras and Traveling.
* Advanced footwork and musicality in closed position
* closed position rhythm changes - 2 ways to switch to contra-tiempo with your partner, as well as 3 other rhythm variations.
* basics of moving with your partner around a crowded dance floor without hitting anyone.
October 17th - Paseas y Suelta Detrás
* entrances to Suelta Detrás footwork positions
* lead and follow Suelta Detrás footwork
* Paseas from a closed position: pasea pa' abajo, pasea pa'arriba, pasala a lo cubano, coca-cola pa' afuera, cross-handed travelling
October 31st - putting it all together
* quick review
* dancing in the club: club style versions of your favorite basic moves: dos y una loca, setenta, vacilia, y dedo.
* beginning turnillo in closed position
*lead and follow with no hands
PLUS!! - SVT/RVT Halloween Party 9:30-midnight